DID YOU KNOW THAT…..
346 million people worldwide have diabetes (6.4% of the global adult population)
25.8 million people in US have diabetes (2010) = 8.3% of US population
18.8 million people (about 70%) are diagnosed diabetics
7.0 million people (about 30%) are still undiagnosed diabetics
Greatest number of people with diabetes are in the 40 to 59 age group
- One of the major causes of premature illness and death worldwide
- The 7th leading cause of death in the US and is an important cause of chronic complications
- The major cause of heat disease and stroke in the US
Do you know the Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes?
- Unquenchable thirst
- Frequent trips to the bathroom for urination
- Weight loss without really trying
- Weakness or fatigue
- Tingling or Numbness in your hands, legs or feet
- Blurred vision
If you have any of these symptoms, contact your family physician for an assessment.